ASACERT GROUP certifies companies, under DAC (Dubai Accreditation Department) or UKAS (UK Accreditation Service), with a management system fully compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, including objectives and policies in the area of Workers’ Health and Safety. The issuing process of such Certification is carried out in accordance with current legislation and taking into account potential hazards and risks present in the workplace.
Legal requirements regarding health and safety in the workplace involve tasks that must be rapidly addressed by companies to avoid incurring into sanctions.
According to both OHSAS 18001 and legal requirements, companies are expected to implement a management system that guarantees the fulfilment of the following obligations:
- respect of the technical-structural standards of the law relating to equipment, facilities, workplaces, chemical, physical and biological agents;
- activities of risk evaluation and of predisposition of measures for the resulting prevention and protection;
- activities of an organisational nature, such as emergencies, first aid, procurement management, periodic safety meetings, consultations with workers’ representatives for safety;
- health surveillance activities;
- informational and training activities for workers;
- monitoring activities;
- the acquisition of documentation and certifications required by law;
- periodic verifications of the application and effectiveness of the adopted procedures.